Welcome to Altra FireAltra Fire specialises in the installation, repairs and maintenance of all handheld fire equipment including fire extinguishers, hose reels, fire hydrants & signage.
Altra Fire is a division of Altra Medical Productions. Since 1997, Altra Medical Productions established itself as a reliable provider of Occupational Health and Safety training. Our goal is to assist employers to meet their legal responsibilities in occupation health and safety, while developing the individuals who engage in the learning process.
Altra Fire provides innovative, reliable fire protection products and services to our customers to protect their property and businesses. Our history is built on deep commitment and meaningful relationships with long-term customers and we are driven to exceptional service, responsiveness and attention to detail to meet your unique fire safety needs
Products and Services
Altra Fire specialises in the Installation, repairs and maintenance of all handheld fire equipment including fire extinguishers, hose reels, fire hydrants and signage.
Whether you’re looking to buy new fire extinguishers, service the ones you currently have or just looking for help or advice, we believe that we can deliver the service you deserve.
Fire Risk Surveys
Our professional team conduct fire risk survey of your facilities. The aims of a fire risk survey are:
- To identify hazards and to reduce the risk of those hazards causing harm to as low as is reasonably practicable; and
- To determine what fire safety measures and management policies are necessary to ensure the safety of people in the building should fire occur.
- To comply with SANS 10400, municipal bylaws and other applicable SANS codes.
The buildings must be so designed, constructed and equipped that in the case of fire:
- The protection of occupants therein is ensured and that provision is made for the safe evacuation of occupants.
- The spread and intensity of such fire within the building and to any other building is minimised.
- Sufficient stability will be retained.
- The generation and spread of smoke will be minimised or controlled.
- Adequate means of access, and equipment for detecting, fighting, controlling and extinguishing such fire is provided.
Inspection, Servicing and Maintenance
An inspection is done by the user and is a “quick check” to give reasonable assurance that a fire extinguisher is available, fully charged and operable. The value of an inspection lies in the frequency, regularity, and thoroughness with which it is conducted. The frequency will vary from hourly to monthly, based on the needs of the situation. Inspections should always be conducted when extinguishers are initially placed in service and thereafter at approximately 30-day intervals.
Fire extinguishers should be maintained at regular intervals (at least once a year), or when specifically indicated by an inspection. Maintenance is a “thorough check” of the extinguisher. It is intended to give maximum assurance that an extinguisher will operate effectively and safely. It includes a thorough examination and any necessary repair, recharging or replacement. It will normally reveal the need for hydrostatic testing of an extinguisher.
VIP (Value Inspection Program)
By servicing with us, you are automatically enrolled in our exclusive Value Inspection Program. It’s just one more way we give you complete confidence that you’re receiving the best service possible.
Our technicians compile a service log of key information about your equipment and locations to help you:
- Ensure nothing gets missed
- Plan hydrostatic tests, so you can better forecast the cost for your next service
- Proof of compliance
- A six monthly inspection is done by our technician at no additional charge to you
Maximum Maintenance Intervals
|Type||Maintenance Service||Pressure Test|
|Foam, water, dry powder||1 year||Every 5 years|
|CO2||1 year||Every 10 years|
|Hose reels and fire hydrants||Annual service includes a water pressure and flow test|
Recharge all extinguishers immediately after use regardless of how much they were used.
We supply a full range of SABS approved fire fighting equipment including:
- Dry powder fire extinguishers – sizes 1kg, 1.5kg, 2.5kg, 4.5kg and 9kg
- Dry powder trolley units – sizes 25kg and 50kg
- CO2 fire extinguishers – sizes 2kg and 5kg
- Foam Fire extinguishers
- Foam trolley units – 25kg and 100kg
- Fire hose reels
- Lay flat fire hose (hydrant hose)
- Hydrant equipment
- Breathing apparatus
We are fully accredited with HWSETA, SSETA and the Institute for Work at Heights Professional Body and offer a range of skills programs and height training, for legal compliance in the workplace.
- Basic Fire Fighting
- Industrial Fire Fighting
- Breathing Apparatus
- First Aid Level 1-3
- Evacuation Warden
- Safety Representative
- Risk Assessment
- Incident Investigation
Escape plans are an integral part of a facility’s system of safety signs and play an integral role in an organisations fire safety management plan.
SANS 23601: 2010 establishes design principles for displayed escape plans that contain information relevant to fire safety, escape, evacuation and rescue of the facility’s occupants.
These plans are intended to be displayed as signs in public areas and workplaces. We can design your escape plans to meet the requirements of SANS 23601.
We welcome all comments and questions.
Telephone: 086 111 1504
19 Sunbury Chase Road, Henley on Klip, Meyerton
PO Box 884, Henley on Klip, 1962